Time and place
- Wikimania registration opens 9am Tuesday, August 25 (12:00 UTC) at the Centro Cultural General San Martin. See arrival info for info on finding the location.
- The awesome basement room in the Centro Cultural is dedicated to us techies! There will be signs pointing there.
- The main planning session will be start at 10am Tuesday, August 25 (13:00 UTC). Don't miss it!
- (If you're an early riser, we'll be there with coffee at 9. ;)
- The room will be open through the rest of the conference; feel free to pop in and out to get some hacking done between sessions.
- There'll be a wrap-up presentation in Room 3 at 14:00 Friday, August 28 to give folks a chance to do mini-talks on what they've been working on.
- When is the Codeathon? Do I need to arrive early?
- The Codeathon will begin on the morning of Tuesday, August 25, 2009 -- this is the day before the main Wikimania conference starts. We'll get to know each other and break out into some working groups on topics of common interest. The coding room will remain open throughout the rest of the conference, and folks are welcome to come and go -- there'll be lots of other things to see!
- There will be a wrap-up session on the last day of the conference, during which participants can run mini-presentations on what they've been working on.
- Will separate registration be required to attend the Wikimania Codeathon?
- No, but we'll want to know how many to expect for the opening day, so it'd be nice to know who's planning to attend! Since it starts a day ahead of the main conference, be sure your accommodation is booked appropriately.
- Where is the coding room?
- In the venue, at underground level, next to Sala F.
- What hours is the room open?
- We should have the room open circa 9am through somewhere 6-8pm each day.
- I can't come to Buenos Aires; can I participate in the Wikimania Codeathon remotely?
- We'll open a #wikimania-codeathon channel on irc.freenode.net for folks to hang out in, whether physically present or not. Of course we expect a lot of folks will be in the usual wiki and IRC channels too. :)
- What are we focusing on?
- Projects Page
Please note if you have special food requirements (vegan etc). There will be pizza and empanadas (ovo-lacto-friendly) on Tuesday.
- --Church of emacs 22:44, 15 August 2009 (UTC) (certain) (Veggie)
- Siebrand 22:53, 15 August 2009 (UTC) (will arrive Tuesday at 8.00 at the airport. Uncertain when I'll arrive at the, yet unannounced, venue.
- Definitely coming --Catrope 19:52, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
- Via IRC --Bryan 20:52, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
- Brion VIBBER of course :D
- Rob Halsell: Part of the job =]
- GerardM 18:43, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
- Via IRC ^demon
- Aude 18:43, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
- I'll be right there -- Duesentrieb 19:46, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
- Werdna 19:47, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
Henna 20:08, 19 August 2009 (UTC) Will be in BA from sat morningNot very keen without laptop :) Henna 12:57, 25 August 2009 (UTC)
- Superzerocool 20:59, 19 August 2009 (UTC) I have a little problem: I speak spanish :| and I will be in BA from mon :P
- Via IRC Platonides 22:41, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
- Pfctdayelise 02:47, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
- Mdale 06:47, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
- Yaron Koren 00:11, 21 August 2009 (UTC)
- Eekim 00:18, 22 August 2009 (UTC)
- Tim Starling
- Fuzheado 14:45, 22 August 2009 (UTC)
- Ainali, Vegan for me if possible, por favor. (Will only be joining for tuesday)
- Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason I'll be there
- Markus Krötzsch joining later on Tuesday, vegetarian please
- Denny Vrandecic, joining later on Tuesday
- --Kim Bruning 14:45, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
- Ian Pye
- Bo Adler
- Via IRC Emufarmers
- Matěj Grabovský 12:34, 25 August 2009 (UTC) via IRC
- Walter L.
Project ideas and workgroups split out at /Projects... we're active now, join the fun!
Past developer events
- MediaWiki Developer meet-up 2009 was held in Berlin, restarting the dev meetup tradition in an unconference style.
- Hacking Days were not held in 2008 in Alexandria, Egypt.
- wm2007:Hacking Days in Taipei was a little wacky with two dueling events :)
- wm2006:Hacking Days were held at OLPC's offices in Cambridge, MA. Huge turnout!
- wm2005:Hacking Days the first event was pretty low key, with some developers hanging out ahead of the start of the original Wikimania in Frankfurt. A good time was had by all!